Assistant Programme Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, international organisation focusing on media innovation.The Global Editors Network (GEN) is an international cross-platform community of Editors-in-Chief and media innovators. GEN is committed to sustainable, high-quality journalism, empowering newsrooms through a variety of programmes designed to inspire, connect and share. It is a non-profit, non-governmental association. GEN is seeking an Assistant Programme Manager principally to help organise and carry out Startups for News, our startup competition and Editors Lab, our series of hackathons. The Assistant Programme Manager will report to the Director of Programmes. The position is based in Paris.
- Lead in-depth research about media startups worldwide
- Participate in the creation of a report about the best startups providing products and services to newsrooms
- Support the team in coordinating and marketing the Startups for News programme
- Provide logistical support for Editors Lab preparations.
Experience, skills, knowledge required
- Good knowledge of the media industry and the media startup ecosystem.
- Fluent command of English (written and spoken). French, German, Spanish or other language a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid and proven organisational skills
Duration: Ideally from September to March 2017 but dates may be negotiated with the candidate
Apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.