Programme Manager, Global Editors Network
Start date: October 2016
Location: Paris, France
Contract type: Full Time (Contrat à durée indéterminée)
Salary: based on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, international organisation focusing on media innovation.The Global Editors Network (GEN) is an international cross-platform community of Editors-in-Chief and media innovators. GEN is committed to sustainable, high-quality journalism, empowering newsrooms through a variety of programmes designed to inspire, connect and share. It is a non-profit, non-governmental association. GEN is seeking a Programme Manager principally to organise and carry out Editors Lab hackdays. The role will require planning several hackdays simultaneously. The Programme Manager will report directly to the Director of Programmes.
Oversee GEN programmes including:
- Preparation of the event from start to finish
- Analysis and reporting of events
- Working with host organisations to ensure all events run smoothly
- Inviting, organising and following up with teams attending the event
- Co-ordination with Director of Communications and Social Media Editor for promotion before and during plus coverage after, the events
- Coordination of the Editors Lab Final at the GEN Summit
- Commercial activity: finding local sponsors for each Editors Lab, working with Business Development department
- Interviewing past participants for long-term “hall of fame” project
Startups for News
- Very good knowledge of the media startup ecosystem
Creative ideas for current and new programmes
Experience, skills, knowledge required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Master’s degree and 1-3 years experience in communications, media and/or journalism
- Solid and proven organisation skills
- A tech background and coding skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong presentations skills required
- Native English speaker with native competency of French
- Very good working knowledge of media innovation, journalism, the future of the industry: artificial intelligence, computer-assisted reporting, virtual reality for news, data journalism, internet of things, etc.
- Active on social media (Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, XING, Facebook)
- Solution focused
- Intercultural communication skills. Experience working in Asian market a plus.
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Flexibility in working hours: role will require out of business hours, including weekends
All work will be conducted in English. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, etc. The position is based at the headquarters of the Global Editors Network in Paris, France. All external costs – travel, accommodation, etc. – relating to the successful completion of the engagement will be reimbursed to the organisation upon presentation of relevant invoices.