21 January 2015
Start date: 16 March 2015
Nature of the contract: CDI with a two month trial period
Location: Paris, France
Role Synopsis: Managing communications and PR for all GEN programmes and activities (including the annual GEN Summit)
Reports to: CEO (Bertrand Pecquerie)
Salary: 2,500 euros brut / month x 12 months = 30,000 euros / year.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, international organization focusing on media innovation. The Global Editors Network (GEN) is a cross-platform community of more than 1000 Editors-in-Chief, a community open to media innovators. GEN is committed to sustainable, high-quality journalism, empowering newsrooms through a variety of programmes designed to inspire, connect and share, including The Editors Lab and the Data Journalism Awards. It is a non-profit, non-governmental association.
- Definition and execution of communication strategy of GEN and GEN Programmes: weekly newsletter, Press and partners database management, creation of press releases, website updates, campaigns for sponsors, Google Ad Words strategy (and follow-up with the dedicated manager)
- Give and write up interviews with key people
- Manage potential new projects and students / writers during the GEN Summit
- Work tightly with the Social Media Editor. Can replace him/her when necessary.
- Monitor media industry innovation news and events
- Cooperate with the Programmes Director
- Creative ideas and vision for the GEN image and branding
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fluent command of English and potentially French. Spanish or other language an advantage
- University degree and experience in relevant field (minimum of two years experience)
- Good knowledge of social networks, even if not a heavy practitioner
- Excellent written and spoken communications and influencing skills
- Passionate about media innovation, journalism, the future of the news industry
- Creative and fast copywriter: copy for websites, for press releases, newsletters
- Technical skills: tech savvy with basics (office pack, PDF docs), photo/docs editing (Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent an advantage).
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Flexibility: role will require out of business hours, sometimes covering events or travelling on weekends
To apply, please contact: B. Pecquerie at bpecquerie[at]globaleditorsnetwork[dot]org