04 February 2015
After the sucess of the first two editions, GEN is launching a third Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) in French entitled 'Write and Produce a Video: New Web Formats' in partnership with Rue89 and First Business MOOC. In four weeks and through 20 videos, we will teach you how to create your own multimedia articles.
Video reporting is now crucial for major news outlets around the world. Sometimes videos are syndicated from other websites, but more often than not they are produced in-house. For journalists, it means they need to learn the basics of shooting and publishing videos. It is not only learning how to make documentaries or news packages, but even produce six-second Vine pieces.
All of this is covered in our new MOOC! Raphaël Lizambard, a videographer who worked for numerous newsrooms in France, will take you through the process, from writing the synopsis to preparing your first shoot.
Here are the skills you will learn:
- How to choose the best tools to create multimedia stories, including videos
- How to pick the most relevant video format depending on the angle of your story
- How to prepare a shoot and how to choose the right gear
- How to write and edit scripts
- How to shoot a video using your smartphone
- The MOOC lasts for four weeks and is free to join. A Premium option allows you to participate in a case study and have the opportunity to obtain a certification (Beginner or Advanced). This last part will be happening in partnership with Reporters Without Borders, and the best video will be posted on their website.