06 May 2015
MOOC Video contest with Rue89-RSF: list of awards
Rue89, Reporters sans frontières, First Business MOOC and the Global Editors Network were partners for a MOOC on Video Journalism, ending with a competition and prizes for the best films. About 5,000 participants took the MOOC. 80 of them produced a video and entered the competition. A shortlist of 22 videos was published last week and today we are proud to announce the winners.
A full report is available here (in French).
The jury was composed of Jean-Michel Boissier (journalist, RSF), Bertrand Pecquerie (GEN president), Raphaël Lizambard (journalist and MOOC teacher) and Pierre Haski (cofounder & Rue89 president).
- Grand Prix (unanimous decision from the jury): Les passeurs de l’info, by Caroline Bordenave, about a man who has been distributing newspapers for decades using his motorcycle in the country. A disappearing activity at the digital age.
- Jury’s special mention was given to Adrien Blanc, for his portrait of the French cartoonist Fabrice Tourmez (video)
- Award for best director went to Mélina Huet for her portrait of the journalist Philippe Pujol (video)
- Best original story: Raconte-moi le quotidien: Patricia, donneuse de voix, by Aurore Malval (video)
- Rue89 special prize: Sans A, porte-voix de la rue by Hélène Pillon (video)
- Reporters sans frontières special prize: La femme, la lutte, la liberté by Emmanuelle Valenti (video)
- GEN special prize: Quand la résistance aborigène se décline au féminin, by Céline Petit, a story about Australian women fighting for their rights as members of the Indigenous Australians community. (English subtitles available)
Each winner will receive an invitation to participate to an editors meeting at Rue89, a photo album from RSF 100 Héros pour la liberté de la presse, and the Grand Prix winner, Caroline Bordenave, wins a ticket to the GEN Summit.
Thank you to all the participants.