Submissions for the 2014 Data Journalism Awards are now closed. We received a record number of great projects. Please stay with us, for the shortlist selection and the final awards at the GEN Media Summit in Barcelona.
Timeline of jury process:
4 April 2014: deadline for submissions - 523 applications.
April-May: Pre-jury assesment.
8 May 2014: announcement of the nominees by the DJA pre-jury
May-June: Jury assesment. Meet the jury
12 June 2014: announcement of the winners by the jury at the DJA ceremony during the GEN Summit in Barcelona, Spain.
The 2013 Data Journalism Awards Winners
Click on the icons to see the projects
- Le Pariteur - WeDoData (Data Driven Apps, Small)
- Connected China - Reuters (Data Journalism Website or Section)
- Children In Care - Media Wales (Data Driven Investigation, Small)
- The Great British Class Calculator - The BBC (Data Driven Apps, Big)
- Argentinian Senate's Expenses - La Nacion (Data Driven Investigation, Big)
- The Art Market For Dummies - Jean Abbiateci & Ask Media (Data Driven Storytelling, Small)
- Gay Rights By State - The Guardian US (Data Driven Storytelling, Big)
DJA Jury 2014
AME for Digital Strategy
New York Times
Head of Digital Operations
Director of the Investigative Unit
Senior Editor, Data & Interactives
The Chronicle of Higher Education/Philanthropy
Publisher & CEO
African Eye News Service
Editor & Researcher
European Journalism Center
VP of Journalism and Media Innovation
Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project
Director of Communications & Public Affairs
Editor of Data & Innovation
Director of Digital Strategy
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Google has packed a lot into a relatively young life. Since Google was founded in 1998, the company has grown to serve hundreds of thousands of users and customers around the world.
Journalism & Media Innovation: Knight Foundation aims to help sustain democracy by leading journalism to its best possible future in the 21st century. The foundation focuses on funding Media Innovation, Journalistic Excellence, Freedom of Expression.