Special thanks to our host and partner: Dublin City University's Institute of Future Media and Journalism (FuJo).
Main Venue: The FuJo Newsroom, C106, DCU Henry Grattan Building
Please note schedule is subject to change.
FRIDAY 25 NOVEMBER
9:00: Welcome to the Dublin Editors Lab
- Welcome by Professor John Doyle (Executive Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, DCU) & Dr Jane Suiter (Director, FuJo Institute)
- Presentation of the GEN Editors Lab programme rules.
9:30: Speed Geeking
Each participating teams meet and have 3 minutes to present to each other the most innovative project released by their newsrooms in the last months.
10:30: Coffee Break
11:00: Google News Lab workshop, The FuJo Newsroom, C106
Matt Cooke will present the latest developments of the Google News Lab toolkit.
11:45: "Robot journalism and visualising sports data" workshop, The FuJo Newsroom, C106
With Malcolm Coles (Director of Digital Media, Telegraph Media Group)
13:00: Lunch, Room C114 DCU Henry Grattan Building
18:00 : Mini pitch session
The teams will have one minute to:
- Describe the problem they are trying to solve
- Describe their target audience
- Announce in one sentence what they are going to prototype
SATURDAY 26 NOVEMBER
9:00: Final hacking sprint
10:30: "How to pitch" workshop
13:00: Lunch, C103 DCU Henry Grattan Building
15:45: Project submission deadline. All prototypes must be submitted to the GEN Community.
16:30: Pitch session, Room CG86 DCU Henry Grattan Building
Keynote speech from Paddy Logue (Digital Editor, The Irish Times)
- The participants will have five minutes to pitch their projects
- One minute for questions from the jury
18:00: Winners announced
19:00: Networking & socialising at Bison Bar (11 Wellington Quay, Dublin Southside, Dublin, D2, Ireland)