Please note schedule is subject to change.
FRIDAY 25 NOVEMBER
9:00: Welcome to the Dublin Editors Lab
- Welcome by FuJo and GEN.
- Presentation of the GEN Editors Lab programme rules.
9:30: Speed Geeking
Each participating teams meet and have 3 minutes to present to each other the most innovative project released by their newsrooms in the last months.
10:30: Coffee Break
11:00: Google News Lab workshop
Matt Cooke will present the latest developments of the Google News Lab toolkit.
11:45: Second workshop (TBA)
18:00 : Mini pitch session
The teams will have one minute to:
- Describe the problem they are trying to solve
- Describe their target audience
- Announce in one sentence what they are going to prototype
SATURDAY 26 NOVEMBER
9:00: Final hacking sprint
15:45: Project submission deadline. All prototypes must be submitted to the GEN Community.
16:30: Pitch session
- The participants will have five minutes to pitch their projects
- One minute for questions from the jury
18:00: Winners announced