Kindly note that this agenda is subject to change
Tuesday 14 June
17:00 GEN Welcome
- Welcoming of participants by the Global Editors Network
- Presentation of the GEN Editors Lab programme rules
17: 30 Speed Geeking
- The hackdays finalists meet each other and present their winning prototypes from each national event.
19:00 The Editors Lab Finalists cocktail
Wednesday 15 June
9:00 - Hack Newsgames: Some tips to get started
12:30 - Lunch (on 1st Floor near the GEN Expo)
14:00 - Lightning talk with Marcus Bösch
Lightning talk with Cherisse Datu
15:30 - Bootcamp: "Newsgaming: A New Media Playground?" (on Main Stage)
18:00 - Mini pitch session
The finalists will have one minute to:
- Describe the problem they are trying to solve.
- Describe their target audience.
- Announce in one sentence what they are going to prototype.
19:00 - Hacking or partying — your choice!
The Editors Lab finalists can continue hacking or they can join the GEN Summit participants for cocktails and canapés at Klosterneuburg.
Thursday 16 June
9:00 - Final hacking sprint
13:00 - Lunch
17:30 - Project submission deadline
17:45 - Pitch sessions
- The participants will have four minutes to pitch their projects.
- Two minute of questions from the jury
19:20 - A bus leaves Aula der Wissenschaften for the Data Journalism Awards at Vienna City Hall.
19:30 - Data Journalism Awards Ceremony
During the ceremony, the Editors Lab jury will announce the names of the top three teams of the Editors Lab Final. These three teams will pitch on the main stage of the summit the next day.
Friday 17 June
9:00 - The participants are free to enjoy the conference.
18:00 - Editors Lab Ceremony
- The three best teams pitch on stage.
- The winner is announced.
18:30 - Startups for News Party