- Welcome to the GEN News Summit App!Connect with your social media accounts in the "Socialize!" section to network with the other attendees and speakers! Get the best that the GEN News Summit has to offer right at your fingertips with theSummit App. Our handy app allows you to view … Continue reading → […]
- Sneak Peek Into The Reuters Digital Report 2013The Reuters Digital Report is being launched during the GEN News Summit, but before the report is available GEN is giving you an exclusive look into the new media trends for 2013. Nic Newman, author of the Reuters Digital Report, … Continue reading → […]
- Roy Sekoff: “HuffPost Live is not really a video experience at its core, it is an engagement platform.”Roy Sekoff, President and co-creator of HuffPost Live, emulates the positivity and confidence the news industry needs. Since HuffPost Live launched in August 2012, Roy has made the merger of video and social look like a breeze while its competitors … Continue reading → […]
- Pam Maples: “Don’t just tell, show.”Every year, a select number of elite media professionals throughout the world are chosen by Stanford University to join the John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships programme. During their stay in Silicon Valley, the fellows focus on driving innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership … Continue reading → […]
- Rich Cheary: “Mobile strategy is not a race anymore.”The explosion of platforms have made building news applications a challenge for publishers, who often use multiple developers and fragment their apps’ infrastructure. Yet according to Rich Cheary, Founder of Baobab Suite, the creation of mobile applications should be about … Continue reading → […]
- Shafqat Islam: “The best user experience is at the intersection of algorithms and human editors.”Aggregation is seen as a necessary evil needed to keep up with the fast-paced news cycle in the online ecosystem. Yet CEO of Newscred, Shafqat Islam, disagrees with the negative connotation that comes when algorithms and articles are mixed. In … Continue reading → […]
- Welcome to the GEN News Summit App!
TagsAmerica Elect analytics AOL Argentina content data data journalism data journalism awards data visualizations David Cohn Editors' Lab elections elections 2012 Elections _Data Elections _Graphics Elections _Maps engagement Entrepreneurial journalism Gabriel Dance GEN News Summit graphic novel Guardian US HuffPost Live Hyperlocal innovation interactive Interactive Content Interactive Editor interactive journalism Journalism Marianne Barriaux media mobile Patch.com press freedom Roy Sekoff social media Spot.us Storyful tablet The Spin Generator Twitter United States users video
Tag Archives: David Cohn
David is the founder and Director of Spot.Us. He has written for Wired, Seed, Columbia Journalism Review and The New York Times. While working toward his master’s degree at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism, Cohn worked as the editor at newassignment.net, which focused on citizen journalism and ways news organizations could explore the social web. He has been a contributing editor at NewsTrust.net, and he is also the Editor-in-Chief at Broowaha, an expanding citizen journalism network. He is a GEN board member.
You announced yesterday that you will work with UC Berkeley's Journalism school. Could you detail what your role is gonna be?
I'll be teaching the students web skills and also working across all three sites to come up with models of sustainability. Our goal is to explore various revenue models and see what we can do to show that a hyperlocal site of high quality can earn money. Continue Reading