1. Job Description
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic GEN Summit Producer to oversee the organisation of the GEN Summit 2018, from concept to completion. The candidate will be responsible for the logistical production of the GEN Summit, and he/she will work with the Global Editors Network staff, contractors, suppliers, and sponsors for the successful execution of the event.
Organised annually by the Global Editors Network, the GEN Summit is the organisation’s flagship event, gathering more than 800 editors-in-chief and senior media executives from 70 countries. The GEN Summit 2018 will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from 31 May to 1 June on the theme 'Towards the augmented newsroom'.
The GEN Summit will take place at Pátio da Galé in Lisbon, with separate workshops and exhibitions happening on Praça do Comércio and inside the Pousada de Lisboa hotel.
The GEN Summit Producer will report to the Chief Operations Officer of the Global Editors Network.
2. Engagement timeline
The GEN Summit Producer is expected to fulfill their tasks working on a part-time basis from March to June 2018.
3. Tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee all logistical operations of the GEN Summit and work with the Global Editors Network staff on the coordination of all technical and production aspects.
- Develop brand activation concepts and supervise their execution alongside GEN’s Business Development team.
- Recruit, prepare, and lead a team of student volunteers, who will provide general assistance before, during, and after the GEN Summit.
- Work closely with the primary GEN Summit supplier(s) on the construction and dismantling of the main stage, GEN Expo, GEN Dome, and audio/visual requirements for the main stage, and Masterclass and Unconference halls.
- Conduct site inspections at Pátio da Galé, the Pousada de Lisboa hotel, the Museum of Art, Architecture, and Technology (MAAT), the Jerónimos Monastery, and the future locations of the “GEN & Tonic” cocktail evening, the Startups for News Party nightclub, and the venue for the Editors Lab Final.
- Communicate with potential printing facilities in Lisbon and coordinate all printing requirements for the GEN Summit, including signage, banners, printed programme, brochures, and any other promotional items.
- Communicate with the catering company before and during the event, and coordinate the delivery and setup of the catering facilities inside Pátio da Galé, the GEN Dome and for all evening social event venues.
- Ensure that all furniture requirements are met, and that furniture pieces are properly delivered and placed in a timely manner.
- Lisbon-based for the duration of the contract. Good working knowledge of Lisbon.
- Event management experience, with references
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
Salary commensurate with experience.
6. Application process
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 31 January 2018.