The Global Editors Network (GEN) was founded in 2011 to help thousands of editors, journalists and media executives from around the world, develop their skills, expand their knowledge, and meet their peers. Technology has never been as essential as it is today, and there is a growing need to empower media communities to embrace changes, and view them as key opportunities to help structure the future of journalism.
About the GEN Summit
The GEN Summit, held annually over three days, brings together the world’s top media executives, making it the most sought after industry event. In 2017, it became the most attended editorial conference by senior media executives. Editors and publishers gather to learn, share, and expand their global network. This year's three-day programme has been built around the theme 'VVV Challenge', with a focus on Voice, Visual journalism and Verification. Speaking on these interesting themes at Athens we will have some highly appreciated speakers such as Katharine Viner, John Micklethwait, Krishna Bharat, Amy Webb, Julia Angwin, etc. (you can find the full confirmed speakers list here).
GEN is seeking an Production Assistant to help organise and carry out the GEN Summit 2019, to be held in Athens 13-15 June. The position will also include working closely with GEN’s Chief Operations Officer. The Production Assistant will report to the Chief Operations Officer. The position is based in Athens, with some travels to Paris.
● Help with logistics of the GEN Summit 2019 (catering, hotels, relationship with other suppliers)
● Manage logistics of the Sponsored Editors traveling to the GEN Summit 2019 (relationship with 30 editors, help with visas, hotel/flight booking, reimbursement process)
● Manage logistics (booking flights and accommodation) for GEN team travel
● Office management
● On-site support at the GEN Summit 2019 in Athens
● Help with the reporting after the conference
Experience, skills, knowledge required
● Excellent organisational skills
● Management/logistics background preferred
● Strong communication skills
● English and Greek – native or bilingual
● A third language (Spanish, German) a plus
● Solution-focused, works well under pressure, self-motivated
● Comfortable working with a small team in a startup environment
Duration: From March to July 2019 (dates may be negotiated with the candidate).
Monthly stipend: 300 Euro per day (for around 25 days) or 6,000 Euro for the whole project.
Apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com